7 Easy Ideas for Growing your Pinterest Following
- Add the Pinterest follow button to your website. This may seem like a no-brainer, but have you done it yet? You would be surprised to see how many haven’t!
- Promote your Pinterest presence through your other social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google + and LinkedIn. This can be done by encouraging others to follow you by frequently posting your pins and your boards. Each pin and board has an individual URL which you can post on any of your networks to show off your Pinterest content.
- Start following users that you think would be interested in following you back. Like any social media network, it’s about sharing. If you are sharing others’ pins they might follow and share back.
- Host a Pinterest contest to bring a quick interest to your profile. Make sure you promote your contest through your social media network and your blog. Here are some creative contest ideas to get you started.
- Create a User-Generated Pinboard. Think of this as a visual testimonial for your brand or product. Ask people to share pictures of themselves using your product in creative places or creative ways.
- Link your pins back to your website to drive traffic. It’s important to link your pins to your pictures on your site. When people click on your pins you want them to end up on your site. Also you make sure every picture or post on your site has a Pinterest button (as mentioned above) so people can follow you from your site.
- Finally, use hashtags on your pins. Just like Twitter, people search using hashtags and your content will become much more search friendly if you’ve got a hashtag.
Well, that is not an exhaustive list but it should give you a good start. What other ideas do you have to build a Pinterest following?